SENIOR YOUTH WORKER
PART-TIME, 14 HOURS PER WEEK (0.35 FTE) SOME EVENINGS
THREE YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
SALARY: £12.50 per hour for 14 hours/week
Café Indie is a Café, Music Venue and – most importantly – a Youth Work Project. We exist to provide opportunities to children and young people, from engagement activity to participation and progression.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Youth Worker to work as part of the Café Indie team to deliver a programme of activities and opportunities that support the personal and social development of children and young people. The programme includes the delivery of a structured programme of workshops on self esteem, a drop in and a youth club.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To develop and deliver a programme of workshops, focusing on self esteem and building the resilience of children and young people
- To deliver a successful Youth Club (delivering personal and social development).
- To deliver an out of hours drop in, enabling children and young people to access information, advice and guidance at the times when they need it.
- Support young people to engage in volunteering and progression opportunities.
The successful post holder must have:
- A relevant professional qualification in Youth & Community work (Level 3 or above).
- Experience working in a youth/community setting alongside other statutory and voluntary organisations.
- Ability to function in diverse settings and with a wide range of professional agencies.
- Be self-motivated, resilient, with excellent organisational/administrative and inter-personal skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Café Indie offers:
- A pension scheme
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
If you are interested in this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an Application Pack. (CVs alone will not be accepted).
Completed applications should be returned by 9am 14th September
Interviews will take place in Café Indie on 20th September 2021
Café Indie is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Indie ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Read the advert and get in touch with email@example.com to find out more info!